Let's be honest, the "Bunker shot" is one of the most feared shots in the game. For many players, tension creeps into the grip and negative results usually follow. A great way to build your confidence is to work on your setup. This doesn't guarantee success but certainly improves the odds. Here are my 5 setup keys for a green side Bunker shot.
- Open your club face first, then apply your grip.
- Play the ball forward in your stance, just inside your left heel.
- Open your stance (feet, hips, shoulders) so they are aligned slightly left of the
- Place about 60% of your body weight on your front leg – this creates a good
angle of attack.
- Set your eyes over a spot about two inches behind the ball. Remember, in all areas of the game, repeating and practicing the correct fundamentals like a proper “setup” will lead to success and confidence on the course.