Doug Hendricks has over 35 years experience as a Professional Golfer and entrepreneur in the Philadelphia area. Doug served as Head Golf Professional at White Manor Country Club (1987-2001) where he managed the golf operation and owned an upscale golf store. Doug’s coaching, teaching, organizational skills, and unique ability to build client relationships with customers, corporations, and vendors helped his business grow substantially. He is also very effective in staff development with five former assistants moving on to Head Professional status.
Doug enjoys his involvement in the community and feels everyone should have the opportunity to learn and enjoy the game of golf. As an instructor, Doug has provided over 34,000 private lessons with clients ranging in ability from professional athletes to physically disabled children. From 2008 through 2015 Doug was nominated for “Teacher of the Year” in the Philadelphia PGA Section. In 1997, Doug received the “Children’s Champion Award” for his golf instruction and dedication to children with disabilities. Doug has been featured in over 600 television and radio shows promoting the golf industry. His background in event planning stems from conducting over 500 corporate golf outings and serving as Host Professional for five PGA Tour events. Doug has also performed over 70 golf “team-building” events for corporations, schools, and churches.
Doug has a Bachelor of Science degree in secondary education from West Chester University where he participated on the varsity golf and basketball teams. He was inducted into the Upper Perkiomen High School “Hall of Fame” and the Marple Newtown High School "Wall of Fame". He has been a member of the PGA of America since 1987.
Presently, Doug serves as the host and executive producer of "Winning Golf TV", a television show which airs for 20 weeks on Comcast SportsNet and TCN. He also conducts private lessons at Penn Oaks Golf Club in West Chester, PA as well as team building and unique golf programs for corporations throughout the Philadelphia area. In addition, Doug serves as the Head Coach of the Women's Golf Team at West Chester University and in his first year, he was named the PSAC Conference Coach of the Year.
- 2010 - Present: Host & Producer of TV show "Winning Golf"
- 2009 - Present: Head Women's Golf Coach at West Chester University
- 2005 - Present: Teaching Professional at Penn Oaks Golf Club
- 2002 - Present: Director of Golf at Desmond Hotel & Conference Center
- 2002 - 2009: Co-Host of Emmy Award-Winning TV show "Golfshots"
- 2006 - 2009: Teaching Professional at ACAC Health & Fitness Club
- 1987 - 2001: Head Golf Professional at White Manor Country Club
- 2010 PSAC Conference Women’s Coach of the Year
- Taught over 34,000 private lessons and conducted over 450 clinics
- Nominated for “Teacher of the Year” in Philadelphia section in 1995 and from 2008 through 2015
- 1997 Winner of "Children’s Champion" award - mentoring and teaching golf to disabled children
- Featured in over 600 television and radio shows promoting the “game of golf”
- Conducted over 70 Team Building events for corporations, schools, and churches
- Facilitated over 500 Golf Outings
- Inducted into Marple Newtown High School “Wall of Fame”
- Inducted into Upper Perkiomen High School “Hall of Fame”
- Inducted into membership of the PGA of America in 1987
- Served as Head Golf Professional for 5 PGA/Senior PGA Tour events
- Founder of Winning Golf TV
- Bachelor of Science in Education, West Chester University
- Member of Varsity Golf Team, West Chester University
- Member of Varsity Basketball Team, West Chester University